Volunteer at Klibur Domin
- Klibur Domin was established in 2000 for people who are sick or disabled and need ongoing hospital treatment.
- Klibur Domin is located 15kms from Dili in the village of Tibar.
- Onsite there is a TB unit, a Rehabilitation Department and a home for disabled students who attend a school across the road.
- KD also runs a free dental clinic and community-based programs.
- Being a volunteer involves living and working closely in a small community and providing support to the staff.
- Local people are hospitable and make volunteers very welcome.
What do volunteers do?
Klibur Domin seeks volunteers to undertake specific roles. Some of these are:
- To assist with administrative tasks
- To support the staff in their areas of responsibility
- To assist, organise or lead recreational and creative activities
Volunteers with specific skills, e.g., health care professionals, builders etc. generally work alongside local staff in their area of expertise, teaching specific skills or supporting local staff in their work.
Am I eligible?
Enquiries are welcome from anyone with a desire to assist, from gap year students to retirees. Placements are negotiated according to the needs of Klibur Domin at the time.
For how long?
A minimum placement of three months is preferred, however, where there are good reasons other periods of time will be considered.
What are the costs?
- Your travel to and from East Timor, including a visa
- A police check if you do not already hold one (approx. $50)
- Any medical requirements, including inoculations
- Travel insurance
- Funds for private travel on weekends, and any other activities outside Klibur Domin
- Nominal charge for basic meals and accommodation (about $US10.00 per day)
- Any food you desire not provided by Klibur Domin
Note: RCA does not charge an administrative fee to arrange the placement of volunteers.
There are 2 comfortable 4 bedroom volunteer cottages, ensuite bathrooms with western style toilets, shared communal dining/sitting area and basic kitchen.
It is important to read:
To find out more contact:
Overseas Volunteers’ Co-ordinator
Message from Susie: When emailing send me a short paragraph about yourself ,
let me know where you would like to go and if you have any dates you could include those.
I will get back to you shortly.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.