THE MISSION OF RYDER-CHESHIRE AUSTRALIA
Our founders, Leonard Cheshire and Sue Ryder, established the Ryder-Cheshire Foundation to relieve suffering among people who are sick, disabled, or destitute without discrimination.
Ryder-Cheshire Australia today continues to fulfil that mission by supporting two overseas homes, Raphael in northern India and Klibur Domin in Timor-Leste, as well as two homes within Australia, at Mount Gambier in South Australia, and Ivanhoe in Victoria.
Since the 1960s, Ryder-Cheshire has, through its support for these homes, been giving life-changing help to individuals and families in great need. Some people experiencing chronic disease, and others with physical and intellectual disabilities, have been assisted in achieving lives of dignity and hope.
The administration of Ryder-Cheshire Australia is managed entirely by unpaid volunteers, and 100% of donations benefit those in need.
A BEQUEST IS A GIFT THAT IS WRITTEN INTO YOUR WILL
- will enhance and continue the humanitarian work of Ryder-Cheshire Australia
- will be a permanent legacy
- can be money, shares, land, or other property
- will be gratefully received, regardless of size
HOW TO LEAVE A GIFT IN YOUR WILL
There are two main ways:
- A residuary bequest is the simplest way. After providing for loved ones, the remainder of the estate, or a percentage, can be left to Ryder-Cheshire Australia.
- A specific bequest by which you leave a nominated gift of money or assets (ie property or shares).
Making or updating your will need not be complicated or expensive. We recommend that you seek qualified legal advice to help you word your bequest correctly to ensure your executors can carry out your wishes.
You are invited to contact the of Ryder-Cheshire Australia President, or the President from your State Foundation, who will be happy to speak to you about Ryder-Cheshire Australia in the strictest confidence. They are not, however, able to provide legal or taxation advice.
For information about Ryder-Cheshire Australia, and contact details of the Ryder-Cheshire Australia President and State Foundation Presidents, go to the website: www.ryder-cheshire.org
email: [email protected]
BEQUESTS TO RYDER-CHESHIRE
Suggested Bequest Clauses in a Will to support the work of RCA Ltd:
- I bequeath to Ryder-Cheshire Australia Limited ABN 13 123 895 447, or its successor-in-law, free from all duties for its charitable purposes the sum of $ or % of the residue of my Estate. The receipt of the Treasurer or other Proper Officer of Ryder-Cheshire Australia Limited shall be full and sufficient discharge to my Executor for the payment of this bequest.
- I bequeath to Ryder-Cheshire Australia Limited ABN 13 123 895 447, or its successor-in-law,
free from all duties for its charitable purposes at Klibur Domin at Tibar in Timor-Leste and /or
Raphael at Dehradun in India the sum of $ or % of the residue of my Estate.
The receipt of the Treasurer or other Proper Officer of Ryder-Cheshire Australia Limited shall be full and
sufficient discharge to my Executor for the payment of this bequest.
Please complete and return this form to:
Postal address: PO Box 51 Glen Iris, Victoria 3146
or scan this form to treasurer @ryder-cheshire.org
The information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence.
I would like to leave a bequest to Ryder-Cheshire Australia – for the relief of suffering.
Please tick whichever is applicable.
- I have included a bequest in my will.
- I would like to include a bequest in my will.
- I would like to know more about leaving a bequest.