Klibur Domin is a home for people who are sick or disabled, located 15kms from Dili in the village of Tibar. Being a volunteer there involves living and working closely in a small community and providing support to the staff. Local people are hospitable and make volunteers very welcome.
What do volunteers do?
Klibur Domin seeks volunteers to undertake specific roles. Some of these are:
- To assist with administrative tasks;
- To support the staff in their areas of responsibility;
- To assist, organise or lead recreational and creative activities.
Volunteers with specific skills, e.g., health care professionals, builders etc. generally work alongside local staff in their area of expertise, teaching specific skills or supporting local staff in their work.
Am I eligible?
Enquiries are welcome from anyone with a desire to assist, from gap year students to retirees. Placements are negotiated according to the needs of Klibur Domin at the time.
For how long?
A minimum placement of three months is preferred, however, where there are good reasons other periods of time will be considered.
What are the costs?
- Your travel to and from East Timor, including a visa;
- A police check if you don’t already hold one (approx. $50);
- Any medical requirements, including inoculations;
- Travel insurance;
- Funds for private travel on weekends, and any other activities outside Klibur Domin;
- Any food not provided by Klibur Domin.
Note: RCA does not charge an administrative fee to arrange the placement of volunteers.
There is a comfortable 3 bedroom Volunteer cottage, ensuite bathrooms with western style toilets, shared communal dining/sitting area and basic kitchen.
It is important to read:
To find out more contact:
Overseas Volunteers’ Co-ordinator